****Closed to applications since Sept 10**** Only short listed candidates will be contacted****
We are about to kick off a very exciting new project, and are looking for talented people to help us deliver it. First up:
Santuri East Africa: Project Manager SEMA (full-time, short-term with possibility of extension)
Santuri East Africa is seeking a suitably inspired candidate to help deliver our new SEMA project.
What is SEMA?
Santuri Electronic Music Academy (SEMA) is the natural extension to Santuri’s influential and extensive experiences of running music production workshops and online production courses. The project is set to further impact the creative sector through the expansion of regular courses in music production, starting with mid-level and masterclass level courses in 2021 and expanding to also cover additional courses in 2022.
As Project Manager you will work with the Santuri team to successfully prepare, implement and wrap up two 6-week courses in music production. Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Manage outreach and stimulate engagement to enroll SEMA applicants
- Work with tutors to define the timetable, plan resources, manage logistics, and deliver the best learning experience possible
- Manage and work with the Communications Officer in providing public and stakeholder facing communications – raising the visibility and profile of the project
- Liaise with all stakeholders – from enrollees to organisations, consultants, venues and others
- Participate in relevant forums – one on one, emails, websites, chats, groups and social media forums
- Undertake the day to day administration and basic financial accounting of the project
- Procure and coordinate local and international travel and accommodation for participants, staff and facilitators
- Receive and execute potential opportunities for travel regionally and internationally as an ambassador for the project and Santuri East Africa
- Project monitoring, evaluation, learning and knowledge development skills – liaising with consultants
- Generating monthly activity and end of project reports
- Importantly, add your voice to the direction and development of this initiative – and be the key point of contact in many cases
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or the directors.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver complex projects
- Passion for music education and electronic music culture
- Solid experience in events management and coordinating outreach activities
- Excellent organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge of EA arts and culture landscape, and electronic music scene in particular
- Superb networking and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable working style
- Project management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting skills
- Strong team interaction skills, yet also self driven and results oriented
- Willing to take the initiative, dependable, with strong convictions and open mind
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of gender mainstreaming approaches
- Strong referees that can qualify your work experience
Santuri East Africa is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is open to anyone who possesses such skills and experience, however, for non-Kenyans, the potential candidate should have a Kenyan work permit and be able to work under a local contract.
Full time, based on a flexible 35 hours per week. Some weekends will be necessary.
4 months short term consultancy contract, starting ASAP and ending on 31 December 2021, with likely extension subject to availability of resources.
KES 100,000 gross per month (inclusive of taxes).
The application, containing the following documents, should be sent to email@example.com , not later than September 10th 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Cover letter + up to date resume
- 2 referees + their contacts (current email and tel. number)
More about Santuri – www.santuri.org
Santuri East Africa is a registered social enterprise founded in 2014 and based in Nairobi, Kenya. It’s a platform that supports East African music producers, DJs, sound engineers and other music industry professionals. Primary activities include training in music production and DJing, workshops, collaborative recording projects, consultancy services, and events promoting and supporting East African artists in the region and internationally. It was founded by Gregg Mwendwa (KE) and David Tinning (UK/DE).