Santuri is initiating a project with the Goethe-Institut Kenya called Femme Electronic, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual to help us bring the project to fruition. You can find the Job Description and how to apply here:
Femme Electronic (KE) Project Coordinator
Santuri East Africa is seeking for a suitably inspired candidate to deliver the new Femme Electronic Kenya project.
What is Femme Electronic?
Femme Electronic is a platform for female DJs and electronic music producers in East Africa. The project was initiated with DJ Rachael in Uganda, and involves trainings, workshops, mentoring, showcases, residencies and events aimed and addressing the severe gender imbalance in the music industry in East Africa, and the electronic music scene in particular. The project – the first of its kind in Africa – is currently undertaken in partnership with the Goethe-Institut in Uganda and Kenya.
What is the profile of the Candidate?
- Demonstrate interest to influence and coordinate
- Solid experience in events / project management
- Excellent organizational skills
- In depth knowledge of East African Arts and Culture landscape, and electronic music scene in particular
- Superb networking and communication skills
- Background in in gender studies or sociology is highly recommended
- Knowledge of global electronic music movements, scenes and players a plus
- Flexible and adaptable working style
- Self driven and ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Initiative taker, dependable, with strong convictions and open mind
- Have a valid passport and vaccinations card
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is open to anyone who possesses such skills and experience, however, for non-kenyans, the potential candidate should have a Kenyan work permit and be able to work under a local contract.
Reporting to the Santuri directors, you will:
- Coordinate outreach and stimulate engagement interest to enroll Femme Electronic applicants
- Write narrative reports, blogs, and articles for the project
- Coordinate the development of workshops and training opportunities
- Liaise with all stakeholders – from enrollees to organisations, consultants, venues and others
- Coordinate, network and development opportunities – you will be regular face at events, parties and exhibitions in Nairobi and beyond.
- Raising the visibility and profile of the project as well as Santuri through branding and constant communication with internal and external audiences to the project
- Participate in relevant forums – one on one, emails, websites, chats, groups and social media forums
- Undertake the day to day administration and basic financial accounting of the project
- Procure and coordinate local and international travel and accommodation for participants, staff and facilitators
- Receive and execute potential opportunities for travel regionally and internationally as an ambassador for the project and Santuri East Africa
- Importantly, add your voice to the direction and development of this initiative – and be the key point of contact in many cases
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or the directors.
Part time, based on a flexible 20 hours per week. Some weekends will be necessary.
9 Months, starting 1 March 2017 ending in 30 November 2017, with possible extension subject to availability of resources.
KES 30,000 gross per month.
The application, containing the following documents should be sent to email@example.com, not later than 25 Feb 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Cover letter + up to date Resume
- 3 referees + their contacts
More about Santuri
Santuri is a not-for-profit limited-by-guarantee company that operates throughout East Africa. The organisation is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. The mission of Santuri is to develop and support a vibrant and creative East African network that enables artists and musicians to experiment, innovate, collaborate, and present their work professionally to audiences both regionally and globally. Santuri creates spaces and platforms for learning and expression for musicians, DJs, curators, and audio engineers. Santuri works toward the vision of an authentic and globally-recognized East African sound created by empowered and connected East African artists.